Within the school, children are taught ICT and it is used to support learning throughout the curriculum. Whilst studies have looked at the benefits of having access to a computer and/or access to the Internet at home it is important to keep your child safe.
To keep your child safe, the following tips should be considered:
- Setting security settings within Internet Explorer or other browsers
- Locate the computer in a family area where possible
- Consider the use of mobiles phones, games consoles and other devices with access to the internet
- Regularly check the Internet sites your child has visited by looking in the history and favourites.
Your child should also be advised to:
- Tell you about the websites they are using
- Only use child friendly search engines
- Only email people they know
- Never give out personal information
- Never arrange to meet people they have met on the Internet without talking to an adult first
- Only use a webcam with people they know
- Tell you immediately if they see anything they are unhappy with
Reassure that you want to keep your child safe rather than taking Internet access away from them.
A valuable e-safety source is Kidsmart which provides the latest news and resources to protect your children online.
For further information please click on the links below: